Monday, August 31, 2009

Fall Fashion Wish List


I'm giddy with excitement. It's the last day of August, which means (of course) that tomorrow is September! I adore September for so many reasons~ watching little kids go back to school, rainy days, my birthday, the start of fall.... and the shameless anticipation of adding to my cool weather wardrobe! I love fall clothes! September is, hands down, my favourite time to shop. You see, being a pale redhead means I'm just not genetically built for the tiny outfits of summer. I spend all June and July long staring at girls with perfect, golden tans in abject jealousy. But by the time August rolls around and the stores start filling with jackets, sweaters and trousers I am over all coveting. I'm ready to shop! 

This fall I've been a little behind on my fashion fix. Since I'm not returning to university to finish my last two classes until next spring I don't have the same yen for that satisfying "back to school" shop. That being said it doesn't mean I haven't been drooling over swoon-y things online that I could easily transition into my existing wardrobe. Here are some of the very best pieces I've found that I'm lusting for this fall.....

First of all, the handbag I've finally selected, despite my confusion from purse lust (which I wrote about here). Coach's patent leather doctor-style bag is structured and chic, yet fun because of its hit of colour. I can't wait to finally pick it up this week! 

This sweet dress from Urban Outfitters is appealing to me because of its casual, hippie vibe. I love its subtle print and punch of citrus orange and though it's from UO's summer collection it can easily be paired with an adorable cardigan and my Dorothy-esque patent leather red heels to transition into fall. Plus, at $58 the price is very right!  

Anyone who knows me knows I normally avoid wearing black (except for the odd night at work when I give in to peer pressure!). I find it washes out my pale complexion too much and I look, well, ghostly! However, BCBG's beaded black top is so jaw droppingly gorgeous I must must must have it! The details make me swoon, especially the straps draped over the upper arm~ so pretty! Wearing this I would feel like a 1920's flapper girl~ and best of all, it can be paired with a black pencil skirt as easily as it can be with a pair of jeans and heels! A definite must have.

Antik Batik's beaded mini purse looks like it may be a relic from a Parisian flea market~ and that's exactly why I love it! The long chain makes it the perfect choice for a night on the town, as you can sling it across your body and have your hands free for cocktails and dancing! It's incomparably the prettiest evening bag I've seen in a long time!

I have black boots and I have brown boots but, oh, grey boots! Yes, please! Grey is by far my favourite neutral. It is always perfectly chic and goes with any colour you care to throw next to it. These grey riding boots from Urban Outfitters are the ultimate footwear for those cloudy days when I just want to throw on skinny jeans and a cozy, oversized sweater and brave the elements. These would definitely be worth a road trip to Seattle, as I haven't yet spotted them at our teeny Vancouver store. Who's coming with me? 

I love colour and I really love rich, jewel tone colour! This emerald green, ruffled tank from BCBG would be a considerably glamourous addition in my closet! I would instead opt to pair it with jeans for a date night or grey, pin striped trousers and my new, adorably puff sleeved H&M blazer for a family dinner out. Sexy and casual at the same time means this piece can work double duty!

Nanette Lepore's Heartbeat coat is heaven and almost everything I've been hoping for in such a piece (the only drawback being it's black). Still, its tailored silhouette and exaggerated, flouncy hem is wonderfully romantic and feminine. This would be a joy to slip into on drizzly November days when all I want to do is crawl back into bed! Now if only it came in cream....

This daring little Toucan tunic, also from Antik Batik, would certainly add a little spiciness to my fall wardrobe. The bright splashes of colour would definitely banish any blahs and the abbreviated hemline is decidedly flirty! Plus, I love it paired with the tall boots. Perfect for a night out with my girls! 

Top photo: My current Etsy fave, Sarah Seven, makes heartbreakingly beautiful clothes. I've already posted on her stunning cocktail dresses but now I'm dying for this dreamy, made to measure strapless top in perfect ballerina pink and "sexy secretary" high waisted pencil skirt. Now this is one va va voom outfit! 

So there is my current fall wish list! What are you going to be searching for this upcoming season? Share! 



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, all great picks Ally! Fall is definitely my favourite shopping season...all the layering, scarves and hats. I love the Antik Batik purse, just beautiful. I've also been eyeing the Nanette Lepore Heartbeat Coat! It is to die for, and I do love black so maybe I should stop drooling over it and purchase it. I'll have to post my ever-growing fall wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I can't wait to see what you've been eyeing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin