Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness


My absolute favourite blog posts on Ally Redhead have been the lists I have compiled from friends for The Pursuit of Happiness. There is so much craziness (stress, negativity) in a day that sometimes we all forget to reflect on the simple, good things that make our lives shine. Please feel free to keep more lists coming, including 10 more if you've already been featured. Email me at allytorn@yahoo.ca~ and thank you! Here are my next 10, because there are so many good things to be thankful for.

10 Things That Make Me Terribly, Wonderfully Happy Part 2
1. Falling in love with a song and listening to it a hundred times in a row, over and over (especially if it has lyrics that make me cry)
2. The stillness and quiet of walking on a snowy night
3. Lulu's toe hair 
4. Cuddling in my BFF's bed (so cozy) and talking all night
5. Sincere thoughtfulness (from loved ones or strangers alike)
6. Nicknames
7. The smell of Thierry's roasted cherries (eating them is even better)
8. Inside jokes/sayings with my best friends
9. Quiet, tree-lined streets where the boughs form a canopy over head
10. Waking up feeling that all is right with the world



Lulu's ridiculously long paw hair! It always makes me smile. 

(Photo 1 via Cupcakes and Cashmere, another favourite blog)

2 comments:

  1. My cat has really long paw hair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love #9 too...always have :) Hopefully one of these days I'll live on one!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin