Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dear 30


Dear 30,

Why did you smack me in the face with panic last weekend? I thought we were going to get along just fine and then you made me into a monster in a matter of a day. Why, 30, why? I was forced to go home and eat candy and chocolate in a matter of minutes. And then I felt worse. I buried my face in Lulu's fur trying to feel something other than, well, weirdness, but even that didn't work. I went to bed early and woke up feeling slightly more human because, 30, I realized I don't have to have it all figured out the day I meet you. I don't have to have any grand answers. I don't have to feel all this pressure to keep up with those darned proverbial Jones's. I am only me and I can only do what I can do right now. My goals and my dreams are still there and they are still attainable. And one day I will meet them too. 

So, 30, back off and stop trying to rile me up. We're good. See you next Thursday. 
xo Ally 

(Photo via Paper Tissue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin