Friday, September 25, 2009

Brave


My advice to you: Be brave in your life. You truly only get one shot and to live your days scared is to waste those days. Be honest with yourself. Like, deeply honest. What do you want out of your life? What do you want right now? Try. Do. Go for it. I'm normally not this "ra ra ra" (that's my cheerleader impression), but this week something happened...

Here is my life lesson: I'm normally the kind of person that puts pride above honesty. If I feel hurt, like a wounded bird, I run (fly?) from the situation. I'm not normally brave either. I hate admitting my feelings, confrontation or asking for what I want. I was forced (by myself) to do all that this week and it was exhilarating to be so scarily honest. I never ever thought that asking for what I wanted would yield that result. I thought it was best to slink away. 

Here is what I learned. Sometimes being brave is just that. Acting courageous. Bravery does not guarantee that the situation will turn out as you hoped. But isn't it amazing to know that you were bold enough to try? True enough to yourself to ask for what you want? Even if you try and it doesn't work be proud for valuing yourself enough to ask. As someone super wise once said (have to find this quote, note to self), if you don't ask, the answer is always no. 

Be brave in your life. Just try it. You might like it.
 And if you already are~ I want to be like you when I grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin