Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Passenger Seat


I roll the window down and then begin to breathe in
The darkest country road and the strong scent of evergreen
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

Then looking upwards I strain my eyes and try
To tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

Do they collide? I ask and you smile
With my feet on the dash the world doesn't matter.

When you feel embarrassed I'll be your pride,
When you need directions then I'll be the guide,
For all time
For all time. 

-Passenger Seat, Death Cab for Cutie

You know how sometimes one small thing can trigger an especially wonderful memory or evoke something you love that has been buried in your mind? Every time I drive down a particularly lush, tree lined street or even just look at an image of such a thing I immediately think of this ridiculously lovely song. It is the simplest of love songs but I think I adore it so much because of its very simplicity. I can always imagine myself and that someone else driving in the dark through an alley of trees that you can just see through above, see through to the stars. I bought the above photograph because of this very song and every time I look at the beautiful image, it makes me happy. I am building my photography collection and soon I will have a gallery wall full of images that make me as happy as this! 

PS- Listen to this breathtaking song (or watch this). I highly recommend it. 
And congratulations to my huge crush Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie on getting married this past weekend to the adorable Zooey Deschanel (my girl crush from 500 Days of Summer). 

Buy Tunnel of Trees yourself here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin