Monday, September 21, 2009

Numbness


Have you ever felt numb to your life? It's the weirdest feeling in the world. It's not ambivalence or dislike. Numbness. I am searching to feel something and I can come up with.... nothing. What was confusion (lots and lots of confusion with a side order of anger and sadness) has transitioned to this absence of feeling, like staring at a blank page. I search for things to be happy for and they are most certainly there~ supportive and loving friends and family, health, Lulu's toe hair. While I feel appreciation for these things they do not elicit the joy I may normally take in them. We all have hard days sometimes, experience ups and downs, meander through rough patches in life. Time is the great healer, the one thing that makes anything grow hazy and fade away. There is still much to be happy for. When the numbness subsides it will still be there to luxuriate in. This too will pass. I tell myself this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin