Friday, January 15, 2010

Moments


Life is made up of millions of little moments. Some are good, some you forget in an instant and others are so memorable they give you chills and you are pretty sure they are seared in your mind for a lifetime. I love these moments. They often come out of nowhere, occur when you least expect them and are gone just as fast. Nonetheless, they are magical. 
They are the truly good stuff of life. 

I had one of these moments last week and I keep re-running it through my mind. It was just a snippet of time, two minutes and no more in a dim coatcheck room. I can't stop thinking of it. Sometimes it seems as if two humans really are meant to connect with each other, on an unspoken level beyond normal social niceties. No words were really needed. I'm not even speaking of a physical moment, just a small snatch of seconds. To want to re-create that with this person is understandable but will it then ruin the rarity of that potent moment? 
Would trying to re-enact the moment only serve to detract from it? 

The thing with moments like these is that they are so specific to one person. They are mine and mine alone. They completely symbolize the singularity of the human condition. No one else can know the feeling of the hundreds of these incredible moments in my life.
 And I really really love that. 

(Photo via Flickr)

2 comments:

  1. I really like this entry! Nice writing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It was just a snippet of time, two minutes and no more in a dim coatcheck room. I can't stop thinking of it. Sometimes it seems as if two humans really are meant to connect with each other, on an unspoken level beyond normal social niceties. No words were really needed. "

    hee hee . . it's a good thing I know where you work, else this reads like a two minute quickie at the local bar . . .

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin