Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jonesing for Jeggings

It's a wet and rainy January and if I'm not at work you can usually find me in a cozy sweater, boots and either my favourite skinny jeans or leggings. However, the new incarnation of "jeggings" (a hideous word but one I love to say over and over with childlike glee) has me going crazy for a pair (or three). The look of denim with the soft comfort of leggings?! Um, yes please! 

I love skinny jeans but after a few washes they lose their perfectly slim, leg hugging fit and tend to bag around the knees and calves (no matter how skinny they were in the first place). As I love to wear mine tucked into tall, slim riding boots this bagging is my worst enemy. Grrrr. The advent of jeggings seems to be the answer to my annoyance at this very problem! After all, leggings never bag and are always perfectly suctioned against the leg! Hooray! No where to find the perfect pair? In Vancouver I have no idea yet. I'm on the hunt. However, my favourite go-to website, Shopbop, has a wealth of denim leggings to covet. 

Here are a few I'm liking the look of...

Blank Denim's Super Soft Denim Leggings are ultra fitted, cropped to look great with heels and a chic dark wash. Plus, a great price at $78US. 

Joe's Jean's Denim Leggings are rock star-esque because of their inky black wash and stylish zippered ankles. Still a great buy at $89US. 

These Paige Verdugo Denim Leggings are a little pricier at $158US but as I love my regular Paige jeans so much I would be willing to spend a little more for these. This pair are a little more like jeans with their button waistband and five pocket styling but they are definitely cut to be leggings. Worth the buy, I'm sure. 

Would you buy denim leggings? 
Does anyone know where to get them in Vancouver?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh we have them at Warren! Time to make a trip out this way for some tea and shopping I think!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin