Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Obsession~ Dreamy Kitchens

The only thing I truly dislike about my heritage apartment is the kitchen. Ugh, the kitchen. Its only redeeming quality is that it has two original (aka 90 year old) dreamy built in china cabinets with leaded glass windowed doors at its entrance and room for my full, six seater white dining table. Other than those two things? Grim. It was renovated a few years ago when the daughter of the building's owner lived here~ and at least it has had a small renovation. I hear some of the kitchens here are majorly dated (did I mention the building is 90 years old?!). Seriously, it has green laminate countertops (green. laminate.), taupe tile backsplash (not the worst but seriously blah) and blond wood cabinets (boring). Did I mention fluorescent lighting? Eek. 

I dream of even a tiny kitchen renovation. My Wish List items~ Stainless steel appliances? Sigh. White marble countertops and backsplash? Mmm hmmm. A pretty chandelier? Please!!! These kitchens are enormous inspiration points and I'm strategizing ways I can convince my landlord for a bit of an upgrade... yeah, I don't think it's going to happen either! 

One day, I say, one day. 

Incredible tile floor, red accents, gorgeous hardwood table and dining benches to boot? 
Serious deep love here. 

Professional gas range meets pretty mirror and stunning light fixture. 
Utilitarian juxtaposed with feminine... love! 

The gallery wall in the kitchen is heaven!

All white? I'm all in.

I adore this carriage lamp fixture for over my dining table, seen at Pottery Barn.

(Photo 1, 2 via The City Sage, 3, 4 via Erin Ever After, 5 via Vi.sualize, 6 via Pottery Barn)

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes yes! I am in the exact same situation! love my little pre-war rental (the moldings! the arched doorways!) but the kitchen? Gag! I'm working up the courage to convince my landlord to let me have my way with it---and these are some gorgeous inspiration images indeed!

    Thanks for the link love--your blog is wonderful! Glad to have discovered you :)

    xo
    Anne @ The City Sage
    www.annesage.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin