Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globe Favourites

The Golden Globes were last night and sadly I missed the telecast because I was at work. However, the first thing I did when I got home was pounce onto People and Us Weekly online to see what the beautiful people of Hollywood were wearing. A rare rain in Los Angeles gave the red carpet a twist, as many of the actors were photographed under umbrellas, which I thought was charming. Hey, even the stars have to worry about humidity ruining their hair (the bane of my very existence)! The fashion itself was not as spectacular as I had hoped~ lots of black and did everyone call each other before the show to agree on wearing one shouldered gowns?! There was a shocking lot of them (Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon here, not to mention Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard, Drew Barrymore and Anna Kendrick). 

I am giddy in anticipation of the Academy Awards. Oscar night is one of my favourites of the entire year! My family gets together at my parent's house, we eat dinner and bet on every category! We still laugh at my brother for the year he lost every category because he kept betting on Ratatouille! I won (naturally!) 

Here are my favourite three dresses from last night...

Reese Witherspoon (above) presented in a simple and elegant inky navy blue column. I love that she wore blue over the more obvious choice of black. Her hair is sexy, tousled perfection and the girl seriously glows (as usual). Poor, poor Jake Gyllenhaal (I'll take him)! 

I'm a girly girl so Best Actress nominee Emily Blunt's pale pink Dolce & Gabbana is dreamy perfection to me. I think she looks angelic and subtly sexy. She is going to make one beautiful bride. She's ridiculously talented and she gets to marry my dream man (John Krasinski and no, I don't like him from The Office. More along the lines of It's Complicated)! Lucky girl! 

I've been watching a lot of Friends reruns lately and I'm loving Jennifer Aniston again. Rachel! I often find her boring on the red carpet (come on, Jen, would it kill you to do your hair a little differently once in awhile?!) but last night she looked A-mazing! Her black Valentino is a more obvious sexy (hello, cut up to there slit!) but she majorly owns it. I love her wavy hair and her skin literally gleams. All I can say is... wow!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just posted my picks last night too! Emily Blunt was my number one as well...that dress is perfection, she looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin