Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspiring Interiors

During the winter months I feel the urge to nest, big time. Hiding inside from the rain creates in me the urge to make my interior the one of my dreams. I've been thinking and plotting non stop about what I'd like to do with my apartment and my plans are starting to be laid. These beautiful spaces are hugely inspiring me right now...

I adore the living area above. It doesn't typically look like something I would love but I'm very drawn to the strong, modern wallpaper juxtaposed with the traditional tufted sofa, the beautiful bright painting and the unexpected, pale blue console. In fact, this could be the very colour I paint my own TV console (a job I've wanted done since I purchased it three years ago).

I have a large empty wall that would be absolutely perfect for a gallery of frames. I especially love the different size of frames hung opposite from each other. Now if only someone would install them perfectly for me...

This Parisian bedroom makes me melt. I love its soothing, creamy palette with its punctuation of brighter colour. Plus, I'm in search of a mirror similar to this one to put over the mantle in my living room. The search is officially on!

Everyone knows I love colour so I am drawn to the boldness of this gorgeous yellow painting and vivid blue lamp. A truly gutsy use of brights. Love!

I worship everything about this incredible living room~ the stunning crystal chandelier, the wall of display, the feminine palette. I definitely plan on incorporating more colour into my apartment based on this lovely home.


(Photos 1-4 via Made by Girl, photos 5, 6 via Vi.sualize)

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin