Thursday, June 25, 2009

Escape





I'm not sure of much in life but one thing I do know is that I want, nay need, to see the world. We live on such a big, beautiful planet and I hate to think of being trapped in one (albeit pretty) corner of it, never seeing the places I wonder about, never absorbing other cultures and never fulfilling the wild and adventurous dreams I have. It's been a few years now since I was last bit on the booty by the traveling bug, when I packed my backpack and took off for Paris and London for 7 weeks, all by my lonesome. I think that's why I can't get this blog post off my mind. Written by my blog "guru" (the one who inspired me to start this in the first place), Joanna Goddard of A Cup of Jo posted on dream vacations a few days ago and I find myself looking at these photographs again and again, drawn back like a moth to the proverbial flame (or myself to a shoe store~yes, I like that analogy better!). The photos are breathtaking, stirring in me the desire to throw some summer dresses into a bag, grab my iPod, kiss Lulu and go. A heavenly vacation in Tuscany or South Africa may not be in the cards right now....but, hey, I think I'll go get my passport renewed. Just in case. 




In the meantime, check out A Cup of Jo for this and other inspiring and lovely posts. 

1 comment:

  1. All those places look absolutely heavenly! I really have the itch to travel right now as well, hopefully this upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin