Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vintage Style At My Place

My love for vintage style has crept into my apartment and is trying to take over! I just can't seem to help it that all my favourite things are ancient or made to look as if I just found them at a flea market! I think that's the wonderful thing about home decor and personal style~ the mixing and matching of all kinds of different items somehow band together to form a charming vignette! Here are a few of my favourite places around my little home. 

The picture above is in my living room. The mirrored chest (my favourite piece) is from Chintz & Company, the lamp belonged to my grandmother, the French clock a Christmas gift from Greg and Leah (love!!), birdcage tealight holder from Liberty, vintage gold jewelry box from my Auntie Barnie, art book from Chapters, silver bird and picture frames from Pottery Barn

My bedside table has a crystal block stacked lamp from The Cross, an Eiffel Tower purchased on the actual landmark, two books including a very old Alice in Wonderland and a new Wuthering Heights (a gift from Leah) plus fresh flowers, tealight holders from Anthropologie and buttons from Etsy with my favourite quote on them. The marble and gilt table is vintage itself, given to me by my grandmother.

My bedroom dresser has another crystal stacked lamp (this one a total steal from Home Sense for $40), twig earring stand and vase from The Cross, a stack of 70 plus years old Shakespeare books that once belonged to my grandmother, vintage teacup that holds more jewelry and an antique mirror from my other grandmother.  

My absolute favourite thing when I wander into any decor store are the inspiring vignettes on display (perhaps why I adore The Cross so much, they are masters at this). I've tried to introduce this into my own home and it is easy to do, as you can see! Books, flowers and odds and ends go a long way to make a space look homey. Now.... my big project~ I'm working on my mantle! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin