Monday, July 27, 2009

Quote of the Day


"It's better to be known than loved. I mean known inside, deeply known. When somebody knows you, they know- it's not ephemeral, it's not a state or a stage."

This month's Vogue profiles model/student/activist Christy Turlington and the above passage from the article concerns her relationship with her husband, Edward Burns. When I read this it struck something within me and I haven't been able to stop thinking of it because it's very much how I feel about love. I think in the past I've perhaps been liked, maybe loved but I very much believe I've never been known, really known. I think it is that deeper knowing of someone that is so much more soulful than simply loving them. One day I wish for someone to want to know me. 

(Photo via Paper Tissue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin