Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mona Lisa Out of the Louvre and Into Your Home

I love anything to do with art. Renaissance, Modern, Impressionist, Dadaist~ you name it, I will find something to love. I once bought a huge (and expensive) book on painting simply because it had one of my favourite works on the cover~ Sandro Botticelli's Birth of Venus (I had to, she's one of the most famous redheads of all time, after all). Jump ahead 500 odd years and I'm still searching for a screen T shirt with Andy Warhol's iconic banana print on it (from the self titled 1967 album by The Velvet Underground and Nico). 

After studying Art History for many years I adore trying to bring my love for the subject into my home. That's why I am smitten with Kikkerland's Mona Lisa clock (above)! Leonardo da Vinci's alluring mystery woman with the enigmatic smile keeps time with charm and only at twelve o' clock does her whole appearance become complete as the hands line up. I'm ordering mine from Amazon here as I can't find it anywhere in town. I can't wait to put her on my mantle!

Sandro Botticelli's Birth of Venus, c. 1482-1486

Andy Warhol's awesome banana cover art for The Velvet Underground, 1967

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin