Monday, July 20, 2009

Bold Colour Banishes Decor Blahs


Looking around I feel like my living space is sweet but..... I'm thinking bland. I usually think I want things to be pale, soothing and white with just a little lift from some pale blue accessories but looking at these images with their punctuations of juicy, vibrant colour is making me itch for brights! What is it about highly saturated colour that just puts me in a good mood? Choosing something this electric would be a definite gutsy move (especially for a white lover such as myself) but I absolutely adore the way my eye is drawn to the one highlighted piece in each room again and again! I love this painted bamboo screen-turned-headboard in the bedroom above and I oddly like the blue, yellow and red together as well. The primary colours flirt nicely together!

I adore this coral painted armchair with the contrasting, patterned seat cushion. So sexy and it harmonizes with the few red accessories on the bookshelves! This is styling at its best.

This adorable little yellow bedside table is an utter steal at Ikea but is very high on style. I love the sunshine yellow against the moody, deep purple wall and the pretty pillow and throw. Gorgeous!

(Photos 1, 3, 4 via Canadian House & Home, Photo 2 via A Cup of Jo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin