Thursday, October 22, 2009

Paris On My Mind

I'm gushing all over this beautiful photograph of Paris right now. I love the simplicity of the buildings, the dreamy light behind the clouds and the darling hearts floating in the sky. It perfectly expresses my love for the city. I pretty much need to have it. 


Le Manege by Elisabeth Perotin
This one by the same photographer is a close runner up. Situated at the foot of the hill of Montmartre (where a pivotal Amelie scene was filmed), I used to sit watching this carousel each day that I stayed at a nearby hotel. I would sit on a bench, ignore the pesky French men calling to me, admire the children on the ride, gaze at Sacre Couer and eat my daily creme de marron (chestnut cream) crepe. Le sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin