Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quote of the Day~ By Winnie


Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis knows by now my love for quotes. I think this partly comes from being an English major, and the subsequent years and years I spent immersed in the most powerful of books and awed by the beauty of our language. Also, in part, I love quotes because I'm constantly amazed at how only a few words or one simple sentence can so profoundly move me.

Yesterday was a fun day. While texting with a girlfriend she brought up Winnie the Pooh. Don't ask me why. It just happened that way. I'm a sucker for children's books, especially the enduring classics. Books for kids are generally so wholesome and simple and sweet, but hold messages about life and love and friendship that everyone can relate to. I spent some time after work last night reading through Winnie the Pooh quotes and I immediately felt warm and fuzzy. And so, here starts my latest devotion to Winnie and his lovely way of life. Hmmm, I think I feel like some hunny!

Quote of the Day by Winnie:

"When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish."

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

more to follow...

(for the Christina's)

2 comments:

  1. Your British grandmother had a whole set of Winnie books...and even lived down the road from the real Christopher Robin a long,long time ago....it is so amazing you should discover or rediscover Winnie so many years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! i love love loved Winnie the Pooh growing up... a.a. milne is just brilliant and absolutely adorable writing

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin