Friday, December 4, 2009

My Favourite Christmas Music Ever!


I'm truly a nut about all things Christmas, even when it comes to the music. Come December, I love walking into stores that are blasting the determinedly cheerful tunes. I am that person who, on the 1st, puts my burned holiday compilation in my car and doesn't eject it until January. The same goes for the ring tone on my phone (I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas) and what I press play for on my iPod. I truly don't understand people who insist they hate Christmas music! Okay, some of it may admittedly be rather too cheerful or even downright bad, but there are so many beautiful and stirring choices as well. I have honed down the best list over the years, with both old classics and new loves, and have decided to share with you my absolute favourites. These songs are all available for purchase on iTunes and make the perfect holiday season mix for any party or get together. Or burn a few copies and give them as gifts! 

1. Happy Xmas (War is Over) ~ John Lennon
2. O Holy Night~ Josh Groban
3. Christmastime is Here~ The Vince Guaraldi Trio, Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack
4. Carol of the Bells~ John Williams, Home Alone Soundtrack
5. River~ Robert Downey Jr. and Vonda Shephard, Ally McBeal Soundtrack
6. I Believe in Father Christmas~ Greg Lake or Emerson, Lake and Palmer
7. White Christmas~ Bing Crosby
8. The Winter Song~ Eisley
9. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)~ U2 or Death Cab for Cutie
10. Winter Wonderland~ Dean Martin or Bing Crosby
11. God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman~ Charlotte Church or The Barenaked Ladies
12. Do They Know It's Christmas?~ Band Aid or Band Aid 20
13. Driving Home for Christmas~ Chris Rea
14. A Spaceman Came Travelling~ Chris de Burgh
15. Baby It's Cold Outside~ Lee Ann Womack and Harry Connick Jr. 
16. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas~ Judy Garland
17. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire)~ Nat King Cole
18. Same Old Lang Syne~ Dan Fogelberg
19. Please Come Home For Christmas~ Eagles
20. I'll Be Home For Christmas~ Bing Crosby

I hope you enjoy this compilation as much as I do! And~ If I had to choose only one CD for the duration of the holiday season I would definitely choose White Christmas by Bing Crosby~ it reminds me of putting up the tree as a child and is truly the perfect mix of all the most iconic Christmas songs. Plus, his voice is as smooth and dreamy as it gets! 

1 comment:

  1. Great choices! I may have to make this mix :) I'm all about the Christmas ring tones too- I have Santa Baby on my cell!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin