Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Will Follow You Into the Dark


One of my very favourite bands, Death Cab for Cutie, are in town performing tonight and so I'm heartbroken because I'm not going. I was, however, lucky enough to see them last July at the Pemberton Festival while also touring for their current album, Narrow Stairs, so I don't feel too bad, but still.... I would have loved to have gone. If you've never listened to the music of this amazing Bellingham quartet please do yourself an enormous favour and do so. Immediately. Ben Gibbard's lyrics are a mix of poignant heartbreak and charming bemusement while the music itself is always powerful and stirring. I can never ever get enough of this band. If you're in love try Transatlanticism (my favourite song in the world truly). If you've just gone through a break up listen to Tiny Vessels or Title and Registration.  Opt for Soul Meets Body or I Will Possess Your Heart for something more up tempo. No matter what your mood there is a facet of Death Cab that you are guaranteed to love. And if you don't love them.... then we can't be friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin